Thursday, April 27, 2006

Twins are reborn

4 and 3/4 years back an attack planned by our fellowmen killed thousands of other fellowmen, ruined the families of many more fellowmen.....
When I visited the site in the middle of the night a year back in the midst of a bustling city I felt a lot of things that I hadn't felt when I had seen the incident on television....
I stood there looking up at the other mammoth structures above me and imagined standing there on that day witnessing a structure twice the height of the mammoth structures I was seeing, collapse, seeing people jump out of windows from 100 floors above, flame and fire, rubble and concrete, screams and sirens, blood and tears............
The area was surrounded by metal fences with pictures of the incident and the rescue process, there were numbers and facts written on boards for everyone to read but what caught my eye was a bunch of fresh flowers placed in front of those gates with a note that said "Happy Anniversary Honey - love you always"................
Today I read this.
Will they stand up again, fearless and majestic? Or will they be haunted by memories and scared of the future?They have a reason to.

No comments: