Saturday, April 14, 2007

Hibernation of transition

Well, well, well...its been a really long hiatus...Didn't you know I hibernate for six months annually!! Yeah, really!
Anyway now that I am awake and alert and back to the grind here comes some thoughtographs.

The hibernation was eventful.... there were dreams and a few nightmares that left a permanent impression on my life. And the best or worst part is that when I woke up I realized that all of them had come true! Here are some of those ...

I treaded into a terroitory I had never been in before. The inevitable happened. There were fireworks and food, and friends and foes. The customs and rituals drove me nuts for sometime. There were adjustments and trying to make everyone happy. There were doors that opened up and ones that shut behind me. Space was taken up and some corners were made free. The word sharing had a new meaning, or rather the same meaning with a greater degree, a greater scope. Life was secured and insured and made more comfortable. New relations appeared, the ones that you had never been in before. Old relations became better; we were family now. Surprises were plenty except now I had more right to enquire about the reason or planning behind them. There was unity in diversity. Love became completely selfless.

I finally found my own home. One in which I can start building memories. The one where the kitchen is mine, the walls have photographs of things that are important to me, where only I know where bandaids, sewing kits and extra blankets can be found, where the restrooms have the fragrance of pot-pourrie I like, where the curtains are my color and where I love to return every day after work. Oh yeah and the one which I have to clean!!

I wrote the last exams of my life (or at least so I think for now). A thesis was defended. A degree was obtained. The one in which I learnt the most in my life. Old books and notes moved from shelves to the storage. A photograph in a black gown is to appear soon on the mantelpiece. A phase ended. I miss the night outs with coffee, the library and the cooking turns!

A new one begun a couple of months back. A new job, new responsibilites, new team. Excitement. This time its not for the bread and butter anymore. This time I don't wake up thinking "Do I have to do this for the rest of my life?". This time I am loving it and I know I belong.

The extra-curriculars which were on the back burner for sometime regained their priority in my life. Dance classes, painting, reading, volunteering, networking, activities. Life is back on track. Just need more than 24 hours a day.

My world has changed. Transitions were many. Adaptations too. And now again.... life continues... rotating around its axis of equilibrium, revolving around stars that are important for its survival, breathing, smiling, live and kicking!

No comments: