Monday, September 25, 2006

Greener pastures

Yes its been a long time... travelling, post-India trip homesickness, back-to-school-catching-up, figuring out the thesis and how to use Latex ( I hate it!) have left me with no time for things I like doing. Today was the I-had-enough-of-it day! So here comes some random thoughts ....
Calcutta was good, home was good too but some things have changed, don't know whether its me or everything else but there definitely were streaks of unfamiliarity...yes to the point that at one time I was craving to get back. Why is the grass always greener on the other side? Like for example months of subs and tacos had left me wanting home made rice and dal and then a month long of rice and dal aroused the craving for a baja chalupa with lots of fire (for those who have not tried it you are missing something). Or the traffic and those ambassador taxis and autorickshaws which I was longing to see did not retain its charm for long. Is it only me or does it happen with everyone, I wonder. Yes my friends did tease me because I mentioned the traffic was unruly and I know had I been in their place I would have done the same.... it just felt weird to be on the other side. Its like I belong there but some part of me pulls me here. God knows!
Anyway..... more to do with greener pastures ....
when I was interning I wanted to get back to school, now that I am in school I want to get back to work! I mean what the hell! Will this ever end? Does it happen with everyone, or is it just me?
My mind is kind of blank right now... have to write a paper, I don't understand why they make computer scientists write papers man! I think a demo with a readme should be enough... and as for the theory I am not made for it. I have been postponing it by doing all other things that I would not do.. cooking hakka noodles with tofu whichI knew would take forever, cleaning random things which need no attention at the moment, taking the trash out- something which I could wait till the neighbours start complaining :P, arranging clothes in the closet - my most detested chore, taking a long shower, browsing through social networks and forcing friends who are online to converse, replying to ancient mails which had to be followed up, making my desktop spic and span ..... and now that I finally opened the tex editor and jotted down a couple of lines of the abstract I feel like I am done for today. Maybe I will outsource this writing business ......
At this moment in my search of greener pastures I found the right spot! A game of Spiderman on the PS2 right now! (maybe the guilty conscience after the game will work)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey! This is exactly how I felt going to India after 3 years! But strangely, after a few months from returning to the US, I am longing to go back and enjoy with family all over again!

itskary said...

Yes, I presume it happens to everyone in more or less amounts :)